April 2018 Update has been terminated. We are preparing the procedure to install October 2018 Update. Please wait for a while.
Follow the steps below to install the October 2018 Update of Windows 10 on your device and ensure compatibility with Sansan.
*Images and instructions provided here are using Internet Explorer on a tablet. We suggest using the same combination.
- This update only applies to devices running Windows 10. For Windows 8.1, no action is necessary.
- If you're using Version 1809, no update is needed. However, if you upgraded to 1809 as per these instructions, follow Changing Your Device’s Settings below.
Update Steps 18
- Please contact our support center if you need assistance.
- The update can take a few hours, so please plan accordingly. Please do any urgent scanning of cards beforehand.
1. Shut down the Scanner App: [Power -> Exit Application]
2. From the desktop screen, enter “winver” (no quotation marks) in the search bar in the lower left. Confirm that Version 1803 or earlier is running, then close the window.
*If you're using Version 1809, no update is needed. However, if you upgraded to 1809 as per these instructions, follow Changing Your Device’s Settings below.
Update Steps 18
*If you’re on Version 1709, it should look like this.
3. Open Internet Explorer.
4. Enter the following URL and choose [Update Now]
5. If you receive the message [Do you want to run or save…?] choose [Run].
6. The message [User Account Control Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?] displays. Choose [Yes] and wait for the next message.
7. Windows 10 Update Assistant will begin. When [Update to the latest version of Windows 10] displays, choose the [Update Now] button.
8. After [Congratulations, this PC is compatible] appears, you’ll see [Getting your update ready] and the update will begin.
*Please be aware the full update may take several hours.
9. When the update is complete, [Your update is ready. Your device needs to restart to complete the update.] will display. Restart the device or it will automatically do so in 30 minutes.
10. After restarting, close Microsoft Edge if it opens.
11. Following steps 1 and 2 to verify you’re updated to version 1803. Close the window after verifying.
12. Open [Settings].
13. Choose [Apps].
14. From the [Apps & features] screen, click the [Uninstall] button on [Windows 10 Update Assistant]. After [This app and its related info will be uninstalled.] displays, choose [Uninstall].
15. The [User Account Control] screen will open. In reply to [Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?], choose [Yes].
16. The [Windows 10 Update Assistant] screen will display. When [Are you sure you want to uninstall Windows 10 Update Assistant?], click [Uninstall].
17. Close the settings display when the uninstall screen closes.
18. Changing Your Device’s Settings
You now need to download the file patch_1809.zip and apply setup.bat. Please follow these steps.
(1) Download patch_1809.zip here.
(2) When [What do you want to do with patch_1809.zip?] is displayed, choose [Save].
(3) When the download is complete, choose [Open folder].
(4) Long press on patch_1809.zip, and when the right-click menu is displayed, click [Extract All...].
(5) On the [Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders] screen, choose [Extract].
(6) Click setup.bat in the patch folder to select it, long press on it, and when the right-click menu is displayed, choose [Run as administrator].
(7) When [Windows protected your PC] displays, choose [More info]. When [App:setup.bat Publisher:Unknown publisher] displays, choose [Run anyway].
*Please note this may not always display in all cases.
(8) Select the icon () when it appears in the system tray. [The User Account Control] screen will open and [Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?] will display. Choose [Yes].
(9) The command prompt screen will display. When the process is complete, the screen will close.
*Don’t worry if you see red text in the command prompt; it doesn’t indicate a problem.
*If an [Overwrite?] confirmation screen appears, touch the command prompt screen.
19. Finally, reboot the device by touching the Windows icon in the lower left and choosing [Restart]. Your device is now updated.