If the iX500 (black) scanner turns off automatically, you need to adjust the power settings. Here's how:
- If the scanner app is running, go to [Power] in the top right and tap [Close App].
- Double-tap the ScanSnap Home icon on the desktop screen (it may take a few seconds to start up).
- Tap [Settings] > [Preferences].
- Tap [Scanner], select "iX500" on the scanner selection screen, and then tap [Power settings...].
- Change the Automatic power off time from 4 hours to None and tap OK twice.
- Close the ScanSnap Home screen.
- Start the ScannerApp from the desktop.