Here we will show a procedure to be used when the characters of a business card data download are garbled.
Selecting the character encoding
- Select "Import data from text file".
- Select "CSV file".
- From the character encoding, select "Japanese (Shift JIS)".
- For delimiters, select "Comma". For strings, select double quotation marks.
- Start import of data.
Changing the language
- From "Settings" at the upper right of the screen, go to "User Information", and select English as the display language.
- Select the data to be downloaded, and then perform the download.
- When the Download screen for the file is displayed, do not open it, instead press "Save". Name it, and save it as a CSV file in a location of your choice. When you open the downloaded file directly in Excel, it will be displayed with garbling and unnecessary line breaks. It will be necessary to open it once with a text editor, and then save over the data.
- Right click the file you saved, and using "Open with", select "Notepad".
- From "File", select "Save" , and then close.
- From Excel, open the file you saved in step 5.